Minimum Qualifications for UNCW Chapter:
- Completion of a minimum of 9 credit hours or equivalent of psychology courses.
- Completion of at least 3 semesters or equivalent of full-time college coursework.
- Registration for major or minor standing in psychology or for a program psychological in nature which is equivalent to such standings.
- Earned an overall cumulative GPA in the top 35 percent of their class (sophomore, junior, senior) compared to their classmates across the entire university.
- Undergraduates must demonstrate superior scholarship in psychology, earning a minimum GPA of 3.2 for psychology courses. Psi Chi accepts the policy of the institution regarding grades.
- Graduate students must demonstrate superior scholarship, an average grade of “B” or better in all graduate courses, including psychology.
- High standards of personal behavior. Once these requirements are met, you may fill out a online application to the National registry on the official Psi Chi Webpage. Apply Here!
- To pay for dues, use the Paypal button below:
Psi Chi Member Expectations
- Psi Chi members are encouraged to participate in all events that Psi Chi hosts
- Psi Chi Members are required to earn 6 points per semester to remain active and receive honor cords!
- Psi Chi members are expected to stay informed of all ongoing events in Psi Chi and help make those events successful in any way possible. Resources are available to make this a very easy task.
- Psi Chi Members are expected to pay all dues as quickly as possible, respond e-mails in a timely manner and turn in any and all forms on time.
- Psi Chi members must uphold the UNCW honor code!
- Always display themselves in an appropriate manner at all Psi Chi hosted events and/or when displaying themselves as a Psi Chi member.
If you have any questions you should email the Psi Chi President with your concerns.